Wednesday 28 October 2009

Introduction & About Me

My ambition has always been to make my own clock and at the age of 18 I purchased a Unimat 3 lathe, tried to cut a wheel, failed, sold the lathe and that was the end of that. Now, nearly 10 years later I have return to model engineering and have spent the last few years gaining experience with metal working. I have built a few small steam engines, some useful tools and all this time I have built up a small home workshop at a very low cost. I`ve not touched a clock or the plans for a build in all this time but now feel that I am ready to begin my ambition of a clock build. I am not in engineering as a profession and therefore this is all a huge learning curve. If you have any tips or hints then please feel free to contact me or better still leave some comments.

I hope to post a log of all my experiences here as much for a log of my progress as anything else .... besides, I can`t see anyone reading it anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment